Thursday, August 14, 2014

NYX Haul and Swatches

Hey Hopeful's!

NYX is slowly becoming one of my favorite drugstore brands, their makeup is amazing quality and the price is reasonable for a more high end drugstore brand.  

I made a small order on the NYX website to pick up a few more of my beloved NYX Black Label lipsticks.  While I was browsing around I saw a few other items that caught my eye.

I have been hearing great things about the NYX blush in Taupe which is supposed to be a great contour for pale girls so I decided to pick that up along with a few other round lipsticks and their pot concealer.  

The order came in an adorable black lace pouch, they even threw in a free lip liner with my order.  While I don't use lip liner often at all it's great to have and I'll definitely give it a try.



I plan to do a whole blog post about the NYX Black Label lipsticks along with swatches so I won't be showing that part of the haul in this post, but I will show the rest of the haul!


It seems like all everyone talks about from NYX is the round lipsticks, while I like them I find them to be a little thin for my liking.  Either way they have a great color range and they have no scent (I like scented lipsticks if they are sweet or fruity but if you don't like scented lipsticks then these are the ones for you).


L-R: Lip Liner - Nectar, Round Lipstick - Hope, Round Lipstick - Thalia

The liner is kind of frosty but is a nice neutral pink.  I had to just buy the Hope lipstick for the name but it's a nice nude-y red.  I've heard great things about Thalia on social media but when I put it on it was a little too cool for me, it came off as an almost grayish purple nude but it's still a beautiful color. 


The blush in Taupe seems like exactly what I've been looking for.  It's a very light taupe-y brown that I think will work well on my fair skin and hopefully won't look muddy.  


The concealer in Porcelain seems like it will be a good match, the concealer is thick and creamy and I can't wait to give it a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment