Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tarte: Kiss and Makeup Butter Lipstick Kit Review


Hi Hopeful's!  I'm back!

I was perusing the Ulta website the other day and I came across this kit from Tarte.  This kit has been out for a while now but I finally decided to pull the trigger.  The colors looked amazing and I'm always willing to try out anything that says it has a buttery texture.  As a New Englander I get very dry lips year round so I really need that added moisture from my lip products.  

The kit was adorably called "Kiss and Makeup".  Tarte did it again with their beautiful packaging.  The lipsticks themselves have a cardboard outside which I have no problem with since the design on each of them is so beautiful.  Just as promised the lipsticks have a super creamy and buttery texture and provide tons of moisture.  I'm not sure how long they will last on the lips as I haven't tested them too much yet.


Tarte 5-piece Amazonian Butter Lipstick Set
The lipstick shades range from a pinky nude to a bright pinky red.  All are a cream texture but Merry Berry, the center lipstick, has sparkle in it.  The lipsticks have a nice subtle minty smell to them which I love.  If everything that went on your lips could be minty I would be a happy girl!



Sorry for the blurry pictures, I was taking them with my phone and boy do I have shaky hands :p
The colors in the picture are pretty much right on color wise though.  I would say my two favorites are Angelic Nude and Sweet Peach but that's probably because those are the types of colors that I'm comfortable with.  After trying on all of them though I can say that they are all beautiful colors and I can even see myself wearing Pink Poinsettia a good deal this fall and winter season.  

From L to R: Angelic Nude, Sweet Peach, Merry Berry, Pink Poinsettia, Candy Red
As someone who has been trying to branch out of the nude lipstick rut that I'm in, I think this kit was perfect.   It gives me the opportunity to try out some lipstick colors that I wouldn't normally have tried at a much more reasonable price tag. At $33 you are getting five full sized lipsticks coming in at $6.60 a piece.  That's an amazing deal since one butter lipstick comes in at $16 a piece!  Now that's an amazing deal! 

I hope you found this helpful!  I can't wait for the holiday season to roll around since that's when all the great kits come out again :)

Love,
Hopeful Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment